Al-Zaytouna Centre for Studies & Consultations is organizing a specialized academic conference entitled “Israel and the International Law” that will be held on November 4th & 5th, 2009, at The Crown Plaza Hotel, Beirut, Lebanon.
The conference seeks to achieve a number of goals, most important of which: to shed light on the Israeli violations of the international law, to raise awareness in the international law regarding the Palestinian Issue, and to enhance an applicable study of the possibility of putting Israel on trial for its violation of the international law.
The conference discusses from the international law perspective 18 specialized work papers distributed along six sessions; entitled as follows:
1. The Israeli expulsion of the Palestinians from their lands
2. The right of the refugees to return
3. The right of the refugees to compensation
4. The Israeli settlements in the West Bank
5. The Israeli annexation and Judaization of the city of Jerusalem
6. The Separation Wall in the West Bank
7. The Israeli Practices in the West Bank and Gaza Strip relative to the Prohibition of Apartheid
8. The Israeli violation of the rights of child and woman in the West Bank and Gaza Strip
9. The Israeli violation of the rights of the Palestinian prisoners woman in the West Bank and Gaza Strip
10. Besieging policy of the Gaza Strip
11. House Demolitions and Land Expropriation or Devastation
12. The Israeli perspective of the International law
13. The Israeli policy of extrajudicial assassinations
14. The Israeli war crimes during the aggression on Gaza (2008-2009) according to the Rome Statue of the International Criminal Court
15. The right of the Palestinians to resistance in the international law
16. The international responsibility for the Israeli violations of the International law
17. The possibility of prosecuting Israel for its violations of the international law
18. The role of human rights and advocacy organizations in prosecuting Israel for its violations of the International law.
More than 100 experts and International law specialized academics will attend the conference, among whom: Prof. John Dugard (former UN special rapporteur on human rights in the Occupied Palestinian Territories since 1967, and the chairman of the Independent Fact Finding Committee on Gaza) and Dr. Anis Kassim (International Law Expert), Prof. Abdallah al-Ashaal (International Law Expert) and Prof. Shafiq Masri (Professor in international law at AUB) and Prof. Paul de Waart (Professor in international law in Amsterdam Free University) and Prof. Iain Scobbie (Professor in international law at University of London) and Prof. Muhammad Majthoub (Professor in international law at Beirut Arab University) and Dr. Mahmoud Mubarak (Professor in international law at King Faisal University) in addition to other experts, specialists in International Law, and the interested in the Palestinian issue.
Al-Zaytouna Centre for Studies and Consultations, Beirut 25/8/2009
Leave A Comment